Slow-Cooker Cherry Buckle
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a greased 5-qt. slow cooker, combine pears and pie filling; stir in extract. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oats, almonds and brown sugar; stir in melted butter. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Cook, covered, on low until topping is golden brown, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 324 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 18, 2016
The recipe sounded great until I opened it on the website. I try to stay away from mixes used in recipes and canned pie filling so I can control sugar content and ingredients in boxed mixes. Would love to find a recipe that started from scratch. Takes longer, but I know what I'm eating.
Oct 15, 2015
Very easy to make and hubby and I love it ...with or without ice cream. Also delicious cold...Before dinner I made this with peaches this time instead of the pears.....an hour to go and I'll find out if i like it as much. If you like Cherry pie.....you will love this desert...and the crumbles are very good!!
Sep 28, 2014
It was easy and good, but it was also overly sweet. My family and our guests felt like it needed a little tartness. I think I might make it again but would add some lemon juice/zest? Possibly some dried sour cherries?