I dress up hot dogs and canned pork and beans with extra seasonings to create this kid-pleasing combo. This dish is quick and easy to throw together, and my family loves it. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into thirds
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Add hot dogs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 246 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 782mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Beanie Wienies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001