Bavarian Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and sour cream and chive sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- In a large skillet, saute coleslaw mix and carrots in butter until crisp-tender. Add water; bring to a boil. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook, for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1118mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2015
I used a pkg of noodles with butter sauce, sifted out the powdered sauce and substituted the following:1 tbsp freeze dried chives4 tsp dry buttermilk powder2 tsp onion powder1 3/4 tap kosher salt1 tsp garlic powder1 tsp sugarI used a coffee grinder to grind it up fine, then followed the recipe. I used 1 ounce of the powder but next time I will use more. Very close to original, I think.
Sep 17, 2013
Can't get much easier! My family loves sausage and this dish is easy and fast and always a winner. Can't go wrong serving this one up often!
Jan 25, 2012
This has become a great go to recipe for me as well. I couldn't find the sour cream noodles so I use the herb and butter as suggested, but then added a tablespoon of sour cream just before serving and adding a bit more caraway and pepper gave more flavor. I have also used herb and butter rice as a substitute in a pinch. Great recipe!
May 19, 2011
This recipe is a classic one in my house. Anytime I need a yummy, quick dinner, this is one I make! It's SO good.... creamy... yet you get the flavor from the sausage. Yum! Can't find the Sour Cream & Onion noodles anymore, so I buy the Butter & Herb normally.