Bavarian Wiener Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (16 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine soup and mayonnaise. In another large bowl, combine the sauerkraut, hot dogs, caraway seeds and half of the soup mixture. Spread into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining soup mixture. Spoon over sauerkraut mixture.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 411 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1324mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2014
I love this dish. The mushroom soup and mayo and caraway make such a authentic flavor. It is so good. The hotdogs were perfect in it. Would make this again and again.
Apr 27, 2012
This recipe is nice and hearty. We used sausage instead of the hotdogs. I love caraway seeds, but left them out to please everyone. Even the picky eater in the family loved it.