Spicy Bratwurst Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and bacon mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 630 calories, 51g fat (20g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1525mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Jun 22, 2011
I really liked this "skillet supper". It is very filling and I will most definitely make again
Dec 2, 2009
This was tasty and easy to make. I actually combined the Bratwurst dish with the rice and then baked it for 5 minutes to get the cheese all bubbly. yum!
Dec 9, 2007
This looks delicious but I would prepare without the bacon.