Beer Brat Chili
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes8 servings (2 1/2 quarts)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) Southwestern black beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (14 ounces) fully cooked beer bratwurst links, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chili seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 383 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1256mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.
Mar 21, 2018
Yum! We really like this recipe. It was easy to make and it was different than the normal chilies that we eat. Loved the beer brats in the chili.
Apr 25, 2017
This is a great slow cooker recipe. I used regular smoked sausage, because it's what we prefer and it was delicious!
Dec 15, 2016
This was an excellent and easy recipe to make! Everyone at our Christmas potluck raved about it. Thanks for the recipe!
Feb 29, 2016
Very tasty. I doubled the recipe to feed everyone. For the doubled recipe I used one less can of diced tomatoes and added one extra can of diced tomato and chillies, and because no one in the family really likes bell peppers, I omitted them. I used one package beer brats and one package sweet italian sausages. The sweet italian sausage gave it a much better flavor I thought. When serving we also tried some with a dab of sour cream and a handful of cheddar cheese...excellent both ways. Definitely a keeper of a recipe.
Oct 27, 2015
Really, really good! I didn't have any frozen corn on hand, so I substituted a can of rinsed, drained kidney beans. Easy to fix; the hardest part was opening the cans.
Oct 20, 2014
Very, very good! Not to hot not to mild! Very easy to make! Next time I am going to try kielbasa instead of brats..
Oct 13, 2014
Wow! My husband loved this chili! I, too, added some ground beef. Will definitely make again!
Oct 4, 2014
Absolutely a keeper
Sep 6, 2014
Great and easy
Apr 8, 2014
Very good and easy to fix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.