Oktoberfest Brats with Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- 4 fully cooked bratwurst links (about 12 ounces)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained, warmed
- For sauce, mix first five ingredients. Cut each bratwurst into thirds; thread onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill brats, covered, over medium heat until golden brown and heated through, 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with sauerkraut and sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 341 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1539mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Apr 14, 2020
Wow is this simple and so delicious! Came together so quickly and it was a wonderful meal. Just added some mashed potatoes and it was perfect. Definitely a keeper!
Oct 26, 2017
Love this simple and delicious recipe. The only change I made was pan frying the brats. I had mine plain but my guys had theirs on a hoagie roll and each ate two! (Clearly, I doubled the recipe)
Oct 26, 2017
Love this simple and delicious recipe. The only change I made was pan frying the brats. I had mine plain but my guys had theirs on a hoagie roll and each ate two!
Oct 15, 2017
This wonderful recipe was enjoyed thoroughly! The mustard sauce is delicious. I did use whole grain mustard and added just a bit more to the mix. Last night we had the mustard sauce with our ham dinner!! It's definitely a keeper. Good job, Deb!
Oct 8, 2017
Yay, I get to put in the first well earned 5 stars. This is not only super quick and easy its down right tasty. The sauce really tames the tartness of the kraut by adding it own special taste. Not the least bit heavy. Just enough onion to detect its place as well. Mashed potatoes were a perfect choice for a side dish Be sure to make extra sauce for them as well. I used Italian Sausage as I don't care for Brats.Taste of Home Volunteer field editor.