Grilled Brats with Sriracha Mayo
I am a Sriracha fanatic, so that’s what inspired this dish. You can boil the brats in your favorite beer to reduce the fat and give them flavor before grilling, or spread garlic butter on lightly toasted buns. —Quincie Ball, Olympia, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup minced roasted sweet red peppers
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 4 brat buns or hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- Ketchup, optional
- Mix first four ingredients. Grill bratwursts, covered, over medium-low heat until browned and heated through, 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with mayonnaise mixture, relish, onion and, if desired, ketchup.
Health Tip: Sodium loves company in these brats—sausage, bread and condiments are all on the high-sodium list. Cut back by skipping the relish and using half the sweet-spicy sauce. You’ll save more than 600mg per serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 742 calories, 49g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 2020mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Ain't yo regular hot dog in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.