Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 Johnsonville® Original Brats
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 8 bratwurst sandwich buns, split
- Place bratwurst in a Dutch oven; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Serve on buns.
Sep 7, 2017
This was how my family has made them for generations , only don't waste that beer broth. Put the bratwurst back in and leave on low heat, keeps them hot and juicy. Yummy!
Aug 7, 2010
Yummy!!!! I also added some sliced onion and peppers to the grill and added them to the brats when they were done. I served them with cole slaw and homemade mac and cheese and we ate them outside. Made an excellent and quick supper and I will definitely make them again....
Jul 4, 2010
This was on our holiday menu and they turned out delicious. Will be making this many more times.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.