Grilled Seasoned Bratwurst
- 8 uncooked bratwurst links
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- 8 bratwurst sandwich buns, split
- 1. Place bratwurst in a Dutch oven; add the beer, onion and fennel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain and discard beer mixture.
- 2. Grill bratwurst, covered, over indirect medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Serve on buns.
Sep 7, 2017
This was how my family has made them for generations , only don't waste that beer broth. Put the bratwurst back in and leave on low heat, keeps them hot and juicy. Yummy!
Aug 7, 2010
Yummy!!!! I also added some sliced onion and peppers to the grill and added them to the brats when they were done. I served them with cole slaw and homemade mac and cheese and we ate them outside. Made an excellent and quick supper and I will definitely make them again....
Jul 4, 2010
This was on our holiday menu and they turned out delicious. Will be making this many more times.