- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup plum preserves or preserves of choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place onion and water in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown ribs in batches. Add to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker; discard cooking juices. Return ribs to slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Cook, covered, on high 25-30 minutes or until ribs are nicely coated. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBarbecued Beef Ribs
"This dish is my family's favorite, every time my grandmother comes to visit she asks me to make this dish."
"Wow!!! I love short ribs. Haven't been able to find too many good recipes. This may not be right in my budget line right now but I'll make 'em anyway. HA"