- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 to 4 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped topping
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, sugar, milk and chocolate chips. bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter; toss with cookie crumbs. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. Arrange banana slices over crust; spread with 1 quart of ice cream. Top with 1 cup of chocolate sauce. Freeze for 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining chocolate sauce. Spread the remaining ice cream over dessert; top with pineapple, cherries and pecans. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Reheat the chocolate sauce. Cut dessert into squares; serve with whipped topping and chocolate sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forBanana Split Supreme
"Can you use half n half instead of evaporated milk? This looks like something that would be great in the summer and easy enough to make ahead of time."