- 2-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh tarragon
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Drain; cool slightly. Cut each in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, 1/4 cup oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Arrange vegetables, cut side down, on a grilling grid; place on a grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Chop onion. Place onion and potatoes in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, garlic and remaining oil, salt and pepper. Add to potato mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tarragon. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBackyard Red Potato Salad
"These were so flavorful & such a great new twist on basic red potatoes. The addition of the Dijon just makes this dish what it is!"
"Delicious potatoes. Awesome flavor..."
"Tasty! easy to prepare and have ready to finish on the bbq"
"This is the best potato side dish ever! I cut the recipe in half...that was a big mistake! I was upset there were not leftovers. I didn't have fresh tarragon, so I used 1 tsp of dried to start out trying since tarragon can be a strong flavor. Next time I'll used the full 2 tsps of dried. I'll be making again in the very near future."
"Soooo good! I did not have any tarragon, so I left that out. I have made it twice this way and loved it both times, so perhaps next time I'll make sure to actually buy some tarragon!"
"FANTASTIC! I hate mayo so most potato salad recipes are out (and have limited shelf life outside). I took this to a pig roast and by the time I got to it, it was almost gone! I will make again... I think next time I will add red peppers as well (they would be great in this marinade). Yummy!"
"My family loved this recipe! I have made it three times so far this summer...definitely a keeper!"
"Left out the tarragon because I didn't have any. Great recipe! Loved the flavors!"
"I saw this in the June/July issue of ToH. I made it last night, and it turned out great. One of things that appealed to me, was that I had all but one of the ingredients on hand."