Apple Walnut Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins; toss with dressing. Fold in apples.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 233 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 21, 2019
I actually have a question. How far in advance can this slaw be made?
Aug 24, 2019
This is actually a wonderful post. Wow, just keep it
Apr 13, 2018
Very good! A different spin on coleslaw. I made it as stated & we enjoyed it very much. A keeper!
Sep 27, 2013
Great! Lots of eye appeal. I added a little celery. I'd make again. Janet
Sep 25, 2013
So easy, can have everything ready and make at the call . Very nice. Janet
Apr 3, 2009
This Recipe is delisous. I made it one year with my Christmas dinner and it is requested for every family function since. Thanks to the person who submitted this keeper.