A co-worker shared this recipe with me. Now it's a favorite at my house, too. Apples, walnuts and raisins are a fun way to dress up colesalw. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Featured In: Our Favorite Cabbage Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 to 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 small head)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (2-3 medium carrots)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- Whisk together first six ingredients. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, walnuts and raisins; toss with dressing. Fold in apples.
- Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Apple Walnut Slaw in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p127
Reviews forApple Walnut Slaw
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2013
"Great! Lots of eye appeal. I added a little celery. I'd make again. Janet"
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2013
"So easy, can have everything ready and make at the call . Very nice. Janet"