Apple Cabbage Coleslaw
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes90-95 (1/2-cup) servings
- 3 containers (16 ounces each) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground mustard
- 4 to 5 pounds unpeeled tart apples, julienned
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 large heads cabbage (3 to 4 pounds each), shredded
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Toss apples with lemon juice. Combine apples and cabbage; mix well. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 36 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2016
My problem with this slaw may have been my own taste. I just didn't think there was enough "sauce" for 9 to 12 pounds of shredded cabbage with 4 lbs of apples. I thought the dressing for the slaw was wonderful so...I tried again and used the same measurements for the dressing but cut my slaw down to 2 heads of cabbage and 3 lbs of apples. I also only used 2 1/2 cartons of sour cream. Sorry to change this so much but I thought it was dry as did my family and...I'm an experimenter too. Love the apples added.