- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, coconut and walnuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Reviews forAnn's Chocolate Chip Cookies
"INCREDIBLE.Be sure to make a double batch as they do disappear quickly!! I loved the combination of all the ingredients. I used the walnuts and it made them excellent."