Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla. Beat in egg. Add cocoa and milk. Whisk together flour and baking powder; fold into creamed mixture with walnuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll rounded tablespoonfuls of dough into balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on pans before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 334 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 29, 2015
After reading the reviews I decided to use a little less butter in the batter. But I still had a problem with the cookies being to thin when spread out on the cookie sheet. I think they had a great flavor and I cooked them for 12 minutes so they did not burn. But I do believe the batter was to dense.
Mar 9, 2014
This recipe was a failure. The dough was too dense and the cookies burned before cooking. Even with the cocoa the chocolate flavour was lacking. Will not use again.
Apr 17, 2012
I must say also, I think there may be a misprint possibly? I think the recipe needs more flour or less butter. Perhaps this can be researched? As I stated the dough was delicious, but baking off for me was a disaster.
Apr 17, 2012
I was very disappointed in this cookie. I followed the recipe to the point. I scooped onto my sheets with a small ice cream scoop. They spread out FLAT! I could not get them off of the parchment paper. I had to throw all of them away and didn't bother with the remaining dough. The dough flavor was fantastic, but baking them off was a disaster for me. Sorry for the negative response, but it didn't work for me at all and I am an avid baker.