Air-Fryer Crumb-Topped Sole
Looking for a low-carb supper that's ready in a flash? These buttery sole fillets are covered with a rich sauce and topped with toasty bread crumbs. They're super speedy thanks to your air fryer. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Combine mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons cheese, mustard seed and pepper; spread over tops of fillets.
- Place fish in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, ground mustard and remaining 1 tablespoon cheese; stir in butter. Spoon over fillets, patting gently to adhere; spritz topping with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes longer. If desired, sprinkle with additional green onions.
Test Kitchen tip