- 8 ounces cleaned fresh or frozen calamari (squid), thawed and cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, combine flour and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. Coat calamari with flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture and coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In batches, place calamari in a single layer in greased air fryer; spritz with cooking spray. Cook 4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer.
1 piece: 11 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.