We Tried This 3-Ingredient Whipped Hot Chocolate and It’s Perfect for the Holidays
Easy, delicious and erupting with rich chocolate flavor, whipped hot chocolate is our new favorite winter drink.
A few years ago, the internet found itself searching endlessly for its new favorite trend. We wanted something exciting and delicious. That’s obviously why we fell so hard for whipped coffee—airy, creamy and full of everything we need for a perfect morning start. But that wasn’t enough. We wanted more, more, more. That’s when we set our eyes on all the whipped drink possibilities. Whipped pumpkin spice, Nutella, strawberry milk and matcha. If it was whippable, we whipped it.
I’ve been patiently waiting for the whipped trend to come back, and it finally has. Whipped hot chocolate is the internet’s new favorite drink, and we’re about to tell you all about it.
What Is Whipped Hot Chocolate?
This particular concoction came from Eloise over on @fitwafflekitchen. She always has our sweet seal of approval.
View this post on Instagram
It’s a whipped hot chocolate topping over either hot chocolate or cold chocolate milk—whichever you prefer for the season. In this particular video, Eloise uses her hot chocolate whip over chocolate milk. As we trudge into the colder winter months, though, I know we’ll be whipping up some tasty hot drinks to enjoy as the snow begins to fall.
Here are even more hot chocolate recipes worth pouring over and over again.
How to Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate milk (warmed or cold)
- Mini marshmallows for topping
- Medium bowl
- Electric mixer
- Piping supplies
- Cups or mugs for pouring
To make, mix your hot chocolate powder into your heavy whipping cream in a medium bowl. Combine with an electric mixer until you get soft peaks. Fill your piping bag with the whipped hot chocolate and pick your desired nozzle. Pour the chocolate milk into mugs and pipe the whipped hot chocolate on top to your desired amount. Top with mini marshmallows and enjoy!
If you’re unsure of the difference between heavy cream and whipping cream, don’t worry. You’re not the only one. They’re very similiar dairy products with a slight difference. Heavy cream typically has a fat content of 36% while whipping cream has anywhere between 30-36%. This type of cream lends itself better to desserts.
Other Cozy Holiday Drinks to Make
There are plenty of drinks out there to make you feel warm and cozy. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Homemade hot cocoa: A nostalgic drink full of delicious chocolate flavor that brings us right back to our childhoods, no matter how old we are.
- Slow-cooker apple cider: A warm, fruity drink that makes us want to wander around a pumpkin patch with our closest friends.
- Mulled wine: A perfect compliment to a cold Christmas day. Enjoy around a fireplace with family as you regale about old times.
- Hot cranberry cider: The most wonderful mix between fall and winter. This sweet drink is as tasty as it is beautiful.