Landmark Hot Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla rum, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon stick, optional
- Heat the first five ingredients over medium heat in a small saucepan just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir until smooth. Remove cinnamon stick; add rum if desired. Pour into a mug; top with whipped cream. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 680 calories, 51g fat (32g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 8, 2018
Why have I never thought to add VANILLA rum to hot cocoa? This is delicious and so chocolaty. The perfect drink recipe for the winter months!
Dec 6, 2015
I am a die-hard chocolate lover and this hot chocolate is very, very chocolaty! I used Special Dark chocolate and used a little less sugar than the recipe stated. I omitted the rum, however, and it turned out delicious!
Oct 27, 2013
This recipe is for hard core chocolate lovers! I used Baker's brand semi sweet baking chocolate squares, and followed the recipe exactly. It turned out so thick, rich, and creamy, it's almost sinful... My new favorite hot chocolate recipe, for sure!
Feb 3, 2013
OMG this is SO good - used 1/2 & 1/2 since I didn't have any heavy cream and a 1.3 oz bar of Hershey Special Dark. I also added just a pinch of salt to pop the chocolate (no rum!). It was so rich and thick I can't image what it would be like made with heavy cream. This is going to be my new special treat.