Crackling Hot Cocoa
This hot chocolate recipe is more than a warm-you-up—it's rich and thick decadence in a mug. —Cyndi Nistico, Palm Island, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Cinnamon whiskey, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat the first five ingredients over medium heat just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon stick; if desired, stir in cinnamon whiskey. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Serve with cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nov 10, 2019
My husband and I Enjoyed the hint of cinnamon, but found the over all drink was too rich. I will make it again, but will use more mil and less heavy whipping cream.