Cozy Hot Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar. Add water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve with whipped cream; if desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 241 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 30, 2012
Easy, fast, and tasty; I tripled the recipe for company. I would like to try doubling the chocolate, as well, because it was a very subtle flavor.
Jan 13, 2011
Love this simple little recipe for hot chocolate. I cut it in half for just me. I have to admit I have used it every day since seeing this recipe, one of my guilty pleasures!
Nov 27, 2010
Quick and easy hot chocolate for two ...next time I think I'll try almond extract for a litle more flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.