Cozy Hot Chocolate
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon, optional
- In a small saucepan, mix cocoa and sugar. Add water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve with whipped cream; if desired, sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 241 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2012
Easy, fast, and tasty; I tripled the recipe for company. I would like to try doubling the chocolate, as well, because it was a very subtle flavor.
Jan 13, 2011
Love this simple little recipe for hot chocolate. I cut it in half for just me. I have to admit I have used it every day since seeing this recipe, one of my guilty pleasures!
Nov 27, 2010
Quick and easy hot chocolate for two ...next time I think I'll try almond extract for a litle more flavor.