Ghostly Hot Cocoa
Chocolate pudding mix is the convenient start to this clever cocoa mix. Kids of all ages get a kick out of the marshmallow ghost floating on top. —Ruby Gibson, Newton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes30 servings (10 cups mix)
- 6-2/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 package (5 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 30 cups boiling water
- 30 Peeps ghost candy
- In a very large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Dissolve 1/3 cup cocoa mix in 1 cup boiling water. Float a Peeps ghost in each cup of hot cocoa.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 214 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Hot Cocoa Mix in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2006
Oct 18, 2015
I used store bought hot chocolate. They were so cute and super easy. I made these last year with the Christmas peeps too!
Nov 10, 2011
What a cute idea with the Peeps! :)