- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 24 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Sliced ripe olives and additional fresh thyme, optional
- In a food processor, combine the beans, 1/4 cup oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Add olives and thyme; process until blended.
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon bean mixture. Garnish with olives and thyme if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as White Bean Crostini in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p40
Reviews for White Bean Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2011
Excellent appetizer. My husband loved it and that's saying a lot!!
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011
I dislike beans, but this tasty appetizer is a winner! Very tasty and easy to make.