My grandparents grew pomegranates, pecans and walnuts and would send us some each year. Some of my best memories are the days I used to spend with my grandmother learning how to cook with her. Whenever I make this it's like having lunch with my grandmother again. —Wendy Ball, Battle Creek, Michigan
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, pomegranate seeds, pecans and cheese. Toss apple with lemon juice and add to salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Wendy's Apple Pomegranate Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p40
Reviews for Wendy's Apple Pomegranate Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2015
"This is a really delicious salad"
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2015
"Delicious! I used a Barcelona Dressing instead of making the dressing."
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2015
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2015
"Raves about it..very tasty."