Tilapia Florentine Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook spinach in 4 teaspoons oil until wilted; drain. Meanwhile, place tilapia in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice and remaining oil. Sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and spinach; spoon over fillets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tilapia Florentine
Sort By :
This was fast and easy to prepare but very bland.
As said easy recipe to become create with.....Made this many times....I use frozen spinach with the water squeezed out, add Feta cheese and this evening I am going to add grape tomatoes
This was good. I found that the spinach was a bit oily cooked with 4 tsp of oil. When I make this again I will cut the oil and add more seasonings. We found it to be a bit bland. I served it with carrots and mashed butternut squash.
Outstanding! Even my anti healthy-food men gave this a thumbs up.
Enjoyed this very much! I did tweak the recipe using lemon rather than lime juic, cajun seasoning and gruyere cheese both in the spinach mixture and on top. A good recipe to be creative with!