I came up with this appetizer because of my love for white pizza. I've served this ciabatta pizza at many holiday parties, and it's always a big hit among both children and adults. —Noreen McCormick Danek, Cromwell, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) ciabatta bread, cut into 16 slices
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat: stir in seasonings. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes on each side. Spread with garlic oil. Top with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted peppers and spinach; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 200 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Pizza Chiabatta in Taste of Home December/January 2020