Tomato Florentine Soup
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 vegetable juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the vegetable juice, pasta, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and basil. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
Jan 4, 2012
I love this soup!!! It was great and I would not only make it again I want to share it with my kids!!!!
Oct 25, 2011
I made this soup today for lunch with some of my home-grown tomatoes. My husband and I both thought it was excellent. High-end restaurant quality. I did cut back a little on the olive oil and the salt due to dietary restrictions, but it was still perfect.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.