Tomato Florentine Soup
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 vegetable juice
- 3/4 cup uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Add the vegetable juice, pasta, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and basil. Cook 5 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted.
Jan 4, 2012
I love this soup!!! It was great and I would not only make it again I want to share it with my kids!!!!
Oct 25, 2011
I made this soup today for lunch with some of my home-grown tomatoes. My husband and I both thought it was excellent. High-end restaurant quality. I did cut back a little on the olive oil and the salt due to dietary restrictions, but it was still perfect.