Thai-Style Green Beans Recipe
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Minced fresh cilantro and chopped dry roasted peanuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut butter and red pepper flakes; set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute shallot and ginger in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add green beans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add reserved sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Thai-Style Green Beans(4)
Sort By :
Really enjoyed this recipe...it made a perfect side with vegan Thai pineapple fried rice, and provided a use for the vegetarian hoisin sauce that has been languishing in my pantry. Salty, sweet, crispy, spicy; in the tradition of Thai cooking, this recipe has it all. Thanks so much; will definitely make again!
I thought this was good. I love Mala String Beans when we go out for Chinese food. Can't quite figure out what makes it so special. Tonite we added chicken to this, also rice, also the peanuts. It still needed some zing. Perhaps next time we will add jalapeno peppers to it for some spice.
This is a pretty classic Thai style recipe, with the exception of the cilantro. I don't know if it's because I'm from the Southwest, but cilantro is something I connect with Mexican food. It has a flavor all its own. But, oh yeah baby, you gotta add the chopped dry roasted peanuts to this one. Yummy!
I tried this based on the positive reviews and yuck! I did not like the combination of ingredients in the sauce - the taste was odd and overpowering and the consistency of the sauce with the green beans was odd.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >