- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, 1 cup cheese, onion, bacon, salt, mustard and paprika. Add spinach. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Spinach Bacon Quiche
Sort By :
"Too runny even after squeezing spinach dry. Will try less milk and add parmesan cheese next time. Good flavor though!"
"I use fat-free half and half - makes it a little richer. also, for those who ended up with a soupy mixture that didn't set, the recipe says to cook & drain - i thaw in the micro 3 min and dran, but then you must squeeze it until almost dry. makes a big diffence!"
"I sauteed the onion and some fresh spinach leaves in the leftover bacon grease, so that lovely smokey flavor went all through the quiche. Also, backed off on the milk to 1 cup and I'm glad I did it or would have overflowed the pie crust. Will definitely make again."
"GREAT ALTERNATIVE FOR BREAKFAST OR BRUNCH AND MAYBE LIGHT EVENING SUPPER."
"What a disappointment. First, it would not fit in my 9" pie crust. I ended up throwing out the crust and putting the mixture in a deep dish 10" pie plate with the hopes I could turn it into a crustless quiche. The middle never did set. (I did drain and press out the spinach). Ended up having to call for pizza delivery."