Spicy Island Shrimp Recipe
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 2-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; add shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, green onions, parsley and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Island Shrimp(14)
Sort By :
This recipe was amazing! I also made it with chicken and shrimp by cooking the inplace of the shrimp. Then added the shrimp when the chicken was done. Everyone loved it and I was very happy with the out come! I used 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper and it was not too spicy.
This has to be one our absolute favorite recipes EVER in our house. I take out a portion for my kids before I add the white and cayenne pepper (too spicy for them yet and 6 & 5) add a litte ketchup to their version and they eat it right up! Of course my husband and I LOVE the full spicy version. SO GOOD!
Great recipe. I just recently realized that I love shrimp recipes. I don't like green pepper though & used red instead. I cut the recipe in 1/2 & it was at least 4 servings. Definitely a keeper
This is one of my favorites, Love the spicy shrimp. I have made this several times, i like to change it just a little each time.
I would use a diffrent sauce base next time.