Spaghetti Squash with Balsamic Vegetables and Toasted Pine Nuts Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomatoes, artichokes, zucchini, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with bean mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Balsamic Vegetables and Toasted Pine Nuts
Sort By :
Amazing. Loved the balsamic and artichokes!
Spectacular! This is absolutely one of the best recipes I've ever made.
I loved this recipe. It was the first time my children had spaghetti squash, and they balked, but I will try it again and I think they will like it. The flavors were delicious. We followed the recipe as written. Thanks for a great recipe!
This recipe was easy and very tasty! Even my 16 year old son who hates everything asked for more!!