- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 15-18 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute carrots and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in beans, tomatoes, artichokes, zucchini, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with bean mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Squash with Balsamic Vegetables and Toasted Pine Nuts
"This was ok, but I didn't like it nearly as well as I thought I would."
"This Recipe was super yummy and easy! I had never had spaghetti squash and was searching for a way to make it. I didn't even have the beans, zucchini, or thyme and still loved it!"
"Amazing. Loved the balsamic and artichokes!"
"Spectacular! This is absolutely one of the best recipes I've ever made."
"I loved this recipe. It was the first time my children had spaghetti squash, and they balked, but I will try it again and I think they will like it. The flavors were delicious. We followed the recipe as written. Thanks for a great recipe!"
"This recipe was easy and very tasty! Even my 16 year old son who hates everything asked for more!!"