- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in foil and place in resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw at room temperature. Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 20 slices).
Reviews for Soft Oatmeal Bread
"This bread is so soft and delicious. As the dough was mixing, it looked a lot moister than my normal bread machine recipes. I think the oatmeal soaks up some of the moisture, so I didn't add a lot of extra flour while mixing."
"anyone have this recipe for 1 lb loaf? should I just cut in half?"
"This bread is amazing! It's light and tasty, will definitely make again as it was enjoyed by all!"
"I've been looking for a recipe that suits my family of five and this one's a hit! It's moist and flavorful without overpowering the younger tastebuds."
"This was the most moist bread I've ever made in a bread machine. I did not have white sugar so substituted brown sugar and it still came out well."
"As good as this bread is, the TOH Maple Oatmeal Bread recipe is even better! If you like this, you ought to give that one a try."
"We use our bread machine to make all our bread. We've tried a lot of different recipes, but this is by far our favorite bread to make."
"This is wonderful !!! I will be making this often."