Gingerbread Oatmeal Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 131 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Sep 29, 2014
I have made this many times since 2007 and each time it is great. Smells like fall when baking and I get lots of requests for the recipe. When I don't have orange peel on hand....I add a couple of tablespoons of orange marmalade and it still turns out perfect.
Jun 11, 2013
Simply the best I have ever made in the bread machine!
Nov 4, 2011
This was a great recipe. I will be adding more ginger, and less cloves. The cloves seemed to take over the taste.
Nov 7, 2010
I've made this a couple of times already this fall. The bread has a nice subtle gingerbread and molasses flavor. We like to eat it fresh out of the breadmaker with butter and honey.