- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 2 quarts water
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until peas are tender. Skim fat; discard bay leaf.
- Set ham hocks aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and cut ham into small pieces. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Carrots and Ham Hocks
Sort By :
"Perfect soup for cool days. Added more pepper as per our tastes, but definitely a keeper."
"Wonderful recipe! Changed it a little, since did not have enough time, cooked it on the stove and used 2 cups of Turkey Ham as did not have the Ham Hocks on hand, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Great for chilly days in upstate NY.Heidi, Thank you so much for sharing it with us all."