Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Carrots and Ham Hocks Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 2 quarts water
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until peas are tender. Skim fat; discard bay leaf.
- Set ham hocks aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones; discard bones and cut ham into small pieces. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Split Pea Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p11
Reviews for Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Carrots and Ham Hocks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review