Simple Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
Sort By :
"I love this soup but I use 2 packets of the spicy taco seasoning, a cup of rice and add 4 cups of water instead of 1 1/2 due to the rice soaking up the water. Also sprinkle taco cheese on top and sliced black olives when served."
"This is my Dads favorite soup and we all like even the picky eaters in the family . I found this recipe recently and he has requested it 3 times so far. I did make some adjustments I melted some cheese and half and half in to it but it tastes just fine with out it."
"Very simple and delicious! My mom is on a low sodium diet so we used Old el Paso 30% less sodium taco seasoning. I also used reduced sodium pinto beans and no salt canned corn and stewed tomatoes. Didn't compromise on taste at all! Served it with sour cream, sliced black olives and reduced fat shreaded cheddar cheese as toppings. Family loved it, my picky eaters. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It's a winner!"
"it taste so good"
"I had to moderate the recipe a little. I added some elbow macaroni and left out the diced tomatoes with chiles. My husband and I both have acid reflux. I still enjoyed the Taco mix without all the extra hot ingredients. It is yummy."