- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
"This soup is really yummy. I have had several requests for the recipe after having tasted the soup when I've made it. This definitely does not happen with most of the recipes I've tried. This one is a keeper. I will be making it again and again."
"Very good and simple. I did add a chopped onion with the beef and added an extra cup of water. I like it with more juice."
"Really good recipe. My whole family liked it. I added a little more water to make it more soupy and left out the can of pinto beans. Will make it again."
"really good quick recipe . I used diced tomatoes instead of the stewed, and substituted salsa for the ranch seasoning. I served it with crispy tortilla strips and shredded cheese."
"Excellent recipe not only easy to make its quick and DELICIOUS!!"
"This is a great recipe. I tweaked it by changing to 1 lb sweet Italian sausage and 1 lb ground beef. I also added 2 add'l cans of the stewed tomatoes and 2 more cans of kidney beans along with 1/2 can tomato paste, 1/2 cup sugar, couple teasp. crushed red pepper, pinch of salt and pepper and finally some chopped garlic in oil and passed it off as chili at our work chili cook-off. I won the contest so thank you for sharing!!!"
"Really Yummy. I cut the recipe in half and ended up using the full amount of liquid and it still was not very soupy so that is the only thing I would change about it in the future."
"For those who need low sodium, I make my own mixes and just leave out the salt. They work very well in most recipes."
"Simple, easy and very good tasting. The only change I made was to use diced tomatos instead of stewed tomatoes,"
"Taco Chilli is one of my favorites except I make mine with Black beans, ground turkey and no stewing tomotoes....AWESOME!!!"