Simple Taco Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
Sort By :
"I added chopped onion and garlic when browning the ground beef. Drained it. I added 1 can of northern white chili beans instead of Pinto beans. I didn't add the can of chiles. The diced tomatoes and chiles where plenty hot enough. I added 1 cup of rice and 4 cups water. Put a dash of red pepper and sugar and salsa. Then added colby/monteray jack cheese to cut the spice down."
"My husband loved it! I'll serve it at our next Small Group from Church in 2weeks!"
"This was easy and tasty! I had hamburger and chorizo already cooked from a previous meal so it came together fast! I did add some chopped onion and beef base for a richer flavor. I will make this again!"
"This is a delicious recipe!! I especially love it because it's quick!"
"I love this soup but I use 2 packets of the spicy taco seasoning, a cup of rice and add 4 cups of water instead of 1 1/2 due to the rice soaking up the water. Also sprinkle taco cheese on top and sliced black olives when served."