- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomato with green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Simple Taco Soup
Sort By :
"Haven't made this yet, but as I'm raising 3 grandchildren and ALWAYS on the hunt for good, simple AND easy...I will be happy to try it!Adding garlic and onions seems logical to me..come to think about..adding garlic and onions to ANYTHING containing ground meat sounds like it should be etched in granite!P."
"I added chopped onion and garlic when browning the ground beef. Drained it. I added 1 can of northern white chili beans instead of Pinto beans. I didn't add the can of chiles. The diced tomatoes and chiles where plenty hot enough. I added 1 cup of rice and 4 cups water. Put a dash of red pepper and sugar and salsa. Then added colby/monteray jack cheese to cut the spice down."
"My husband loved it! I'll serve it at our next Small Group from Church in 2weeks!"
"This was easy and tasty! I had hamburger and chorizo already cooked from a previous meal so it came together fast! I did add some chopped onion and beef base for a richer flavor. I will make this again!"
"This is a delicious recipe!! I especially love it because it's quick!"