Seasoned Noodle Mix Recipe
In Warren, Minnesota, Dawn Fagerstrom gets a head start on a side dish with this pleasant seasoning mixture that works with most any type of noodles you have in your pantry. Add water and pop the dish in the oven alongside your entree.
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine bouillon, parsley, onion and pepper. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 1/3 cup total).
- To prepare noodles: Place noodles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Dot with butter. Add water and 5 teaspoons seasoning mix. Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes; stir. Cover and bake 5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Seasoned Noodle Mix in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p19
Reviews for Seasoned Noodle Mix(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2009
Very,very good and so easy! I used 1 tbsp. of parsley and 2 tbsp. of butter!