Sausage & Vegetable Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add potatoes, corn, broth and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Sausage & Vegetable Skillet Dinner(17)
Sort By :
Did it pretty much as is but for the sausages. I use italian and other kinds. Add a bit more red pepper flakes and use water instead of the broth. And I threw in chunks of tofu for everyone to enjoy. By slicing the potatoes thinner the cooking time is pretty much 15-20 minutes. Very tasty recipe. Everyone had second and third helpings!
I did not use the spinach bc my family doesn't like spinach everything else I followed like the recipe and I did not like it. It had good flavor but I felt that something was missing. Maybe a little more crushed red pepper flakes and shredded cheese would do the trick. It did take closer to 45 minutes to cook so the potatoes weren't undercooked. My son seemed to love it though and he has been going through a picky eater stage so that was good!
Blah! Not worth all the slicing.
I made this with just two potatoes, more than ample. I added some oregano and paprika, omitted the red pepper. The concept is good, but it needs some work to become a winner in my mind. Took longer to cook (45 minutes) than called for. Tweak as needed.
I added red bell pepper to mine. I had some asparagus that I had on hand in place of the spinach. I also used chicken broth. fresh corn from the grill replaced the frozen corn. It was needing a little more kick.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Corn Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >