Salmon Mousse Canapes Recipe
It’s so easy to top crunchy cucumber slices with a smooth and creamy salmon filling. Guests rave about the fun presentation, contrasting textures and refreshing flavor.
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon or lox
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional snipped fresh dill
- Peel strips from cucumbers to create a decorative edge; cut cucumbers into 1/2-in. slices. Using a melon baller, remove a small amount of cucumber from the center, leaving the bottom intact.
- Place the cream cheese, salmon, milk, lemon pepper and dill in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into salmon mixture.
- Pipe or dollop mousse onto cucumber slices; garnish with dill. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Salmon Mousse Canapes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p11
Reviews for Salmon Mousse Canapes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >