Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Pecans Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the eggs, cream, milk and rum; mix well. Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, brown sugar and cream. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until toasted, stirring once. Cool completely.
- Top pie with sugared pecans; serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Sweet Potato Pie with Sugared Pecans(1)
Sort By :
Excellent! You get the BEST of BOTH WORLDS!! The pie was Full of wonderful Flavor, and Filled with Rich and Creamy FillingI This will definitely be my Go-To Sweet Potato Pie & Pumpkin Pie Combo. I didn't use the topping,, although next time I will most defiantly will! I'll be making this for the up Coming Holidays! Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Pie >