I have fond memories of Mom making this home-style supper in our farmhouse kitchen. The mild cabbage flavor appeals to everyone. - Nancy Mathiowetz, Hector, Minnesota.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture; toss gently. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread soups over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage Casserole in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p168
Reviews for Potato and Cabbage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review