- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture; toss gently. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread soups over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Potato and Cabbage Casserole
Sort By :
Potatoes and cabbage make for a comforting pair. Very simple!!
I read this and couldn't believe I was going to be able to add ground beef not cooked and it not be too greasy. So...I split this into two pans to make and I browned and drained the ground beef for one half before I put it on and I put the other on as it looks like it says here (raw). I used the best ground round I could find and I was correct...way too much grease for us without cooking the ground beef first.
I liked this recipe. My husband not as much. It could have used more meat for him I think. It was weird putting the ground beef in uncooked and at one point I thought I was being punked by this recipe lol. I also lost some knuckle skin along the way. I put the veg beef soup on top and my can had alphabet noodles in it and I didn't have another can lol. I also used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup for extra moisture. Next time I will use more meat, keep the cabbage pieces a little larger and possibly had more spices, I shredded the cabbage and it had almost disappeared by the time the carrots were tender. I cooked it covered at 350 for 2+ hours and had my carrots sliced pretty thin, so 1.5 hours was not long enough for my batch. Good but better with some adjustments for individual tastes is my opinion.
I made this recipe without any adjusting to the ingredients...was a bit much for my family of two but was hearty and yummy
I've made this more than once - I have the cookbook that this is in and I just wanted to review the ingredients.. great taste - highly recommend.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cabbage Casserole >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >