- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 medium potatoes, sliced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture; toss gently. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread soups over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Potato and Cabbage Casserole
Sort By :
"Potatoes and cabbage make for a comforting pair. Very simple!!"
"I read this and couldn't believe I was going to be able to add ground beef not cooked and it not be too greasy. So...I split this into two pans to make and I browned and drained the ground beef for one half before I put it on and I put the other on as it looks like it says here (raw). I used the best ground round I could find and I was correct...way too much grease for us without cooking the ground beef first."
"I liked this recipe. My husband not as much. It could have used more meat for him I think. It was weird putting the ground beef in uncooked and at one point I thought I was being punked by this recipe lol. I also lost some knuckle skin along the way. I put the veg beef soup on top and my can had alphabet noodles in it and I didn't have another can lol. I also used 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup for extra moisture. Next time I will use more meat, keep the cabbage pieces a little larger and possibly had more spices, I shredded the cabbage and it had almost disappeared by the time the carrots were tender. I cooked it covered at 350 for 2+ hours and had my carrots sliced pretty thin, so 1.5 hours was not long enough for my batch. Good but better with some adjustments for individual tastes is my opinion."
"I made this recipe without any adjusting to the ingredients...was a bit much for my family of two but was hearty and yummy"
"I've made this more than once - I have the cookbook that this is in and I just wanted to review the ingredients.. great taste - highly recommend."