- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add pizza sauce and mushrooms; heat through.
- Drain noodles. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole for up to 3 months. Remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Noodle Bake
"i made this dish yesterday but without the pepperoni and the all family loved it"
"This was o.k. I would have preferred it without pepperoni."
"Great recipe! I added some garlic and Italian seasoning for more flavor. This is a very versatile recipe that can be suited to your family's tastes. My picky kids loved it so I will definitely keep this in the rotation."
"Made recipe to a T, simply awesome. From the kids to adults, a family favorite!"
"I've tried a lot of baked pasta recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I think it's because it's easy to spice differently to match the cook's and family's taste, and it is really good as leftovers as well. I also like that it's incredibly cheap to make. I only had to buy the pepperoni and the onion and pepper, so it cost me less than 5 bucks. I like to make it on Sunday evening so I can stick it in my Rubbermaid containers and bring it to work all week. Also, my picky 4-year-old munchkin will eat it, so that's another plus."
"Enjoyed the meal however spices were lacking. I prefer garlic pepper and italian seasoning. Spice to taste made this the perfect evening meal. Garlic bread too!"
"This sounds great for a pizza-loving crowd!"
"We all enjoyed this! I love how quick it was to put together. I omitted green pepper & mushrooms (we don't like them). I added a little mild Italian sausage (nice added flavor) & used a whole onion instead of 1/2 cup. All other ingredients were included as written. We will make again."
"JUST AS GOOD AS LASAGNA"