- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add pizza sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain noodles.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, beef mixture, cheeses and pepperoni. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately or before baking, cover and freeze casserole for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen casserole: Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Pizza Noodle Bake
Sort By :
This was o.k. I would have preferred it without pepperoni.
Great recipe! I added some garlic and Italian seasoning for more flavor. This is a very versatile recipe that can be suited to your family's tastes. My picky kids loved it so I will definitely keep this in the rotation.
Made recipe to a T, simply awesome. From the kids to adults, a family favorite!
I've tried a lot of baked pasta recipes, and so far this is my favorite. I think it's because it's easy to spice differently to match the cook's and family's taste, and it is really good as leftovers as well. I also like that it's incredibly cheap to make. I only had to buy the pepperoni and the onion and pepper, so it cost me less than 5 bucks. I like to make it on Sunday evening so I can stick it in my Rubbermaid containers and bring it to work all week. Also, my picky 4-year-old munchkin will eat it, so that's another plus.
Enjoyed the meal however spices were lacking. I prefer garlic pepper and italian seasoning. Spice to taste made this the perfect evening meal. Garlic bread too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >