Kids and adults alike will love the taste of these moist and mouthwatering mini burgers. Juiced up with pickle relish and topped with cheese slices, these "sliders" will disappear in no time flat! Be sure to make plenty. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 to 4 slices process American cheese
- 10 dinner rolls, split
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 10 patties. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Meanwhile, using a 1-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 10 pumpkin shapes from cheese slices or cut slices into thirds. Immediately place on burgers; serve on rolls.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large resealable plastic bag; return to freezer. To use, broil frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p41
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review