Party Time Mini Cheeseburgers
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 to 4 slices American cheese
- 10 dinner rolls, split
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 10 patties. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Meanwhile, using a 1-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 10 pumpkin shapes from cheese slices or cut slices into thirds. Immediately place on burgers; serve on rolls.
Freeze option: Place patties on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a large freezer container; return to freezer. To use, broil frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Jun 14, 2018These were really good! We grilled these and I doubled the recipe and substituted Italian panko crumbs for the oats and sweet relish instead of dill since that's what I had on hand. They were delicious and we will definitely make them again this summer! They're perfect on sweet slider buns! Thank you TOH Test Kitchen.....another winner! Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 28, 2016
Very good, quick and easy. I served these with tater-tots for a simple weeknight meal.
May 15, 2014
My husband gave these a 5, but my daughter said they were OK. My daughter's opinion might be the fact that see dislikes beef, but will eat it if I make it. I liked the ease of making these, and of broiling them. I have frozen about four of them so that we can have an easier dinner some night when we are busy. I do NOT like cheeseburgers, so mine did not have cheese, but we put cheese on the rest.
Thanks for the recipe. This one is making it into our dinner rotation.
Jul 1, 2010
great for kid's bday parties.
Oct 24, 2009
Love this receipe but I used Ritz crackers instead of Oats.
Oct 24, 2009
They are small and delicious. I would definitely make these again.
Oct 19, 2009
These are great for gameday treats!