Mini Mac & Cheese Dogs
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen bread dough dinner rolls (12 count), thawed but still cold
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- Let dough stand at room temperature until soft enough to shape, 15-20 minutes. Cut each roll in half; shape each half into a 3-in.-long mini hot dog bun. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake buns until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a 15x10x1-in. baking pan, toss bread crumbs with onion, oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 350° until golden brown, stirring once, 5-7 minutes.
- Cook hot dogs and macaroni and cheese according to package directions. To serve, cut hot dogs crosswise in half. Split buns; fill with hot dogs and macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with toasted crumbs.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 198 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 29, 2016
These were fun to put together with my son.
Feb 8, 2016
The oniony crunch made this dish. I enjoyed the mac & cheese & hot dog w/o the roll, but everyone else had the bread. This was so easy to make; it really brought out the inner kid!!! Delicious! Will put it in my keeper file.