- SLOPPY JOE TOPPING:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 hot dogs
- 16 hot dog buns, split
- Optional: Warmed cheese dip and grilled onions
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef; drain. Stir in the tomato soup, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and garlic powder; heat through.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat until heated through, 6-10 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve on buns. Top each with 1/4 cup beef mixture. If desired, top with warmed cheese dip and grilled onions.
1 each: 422 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 959mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.