Sloppy Joe Stew
Total TimePtrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/4 hours
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each ) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 353 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 666mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Nov 23, 2010
It's very tasty. Its the kind of soup you make once in a while. Its not good to make over and over again
Jul 6, 2010
I tried this soupr recipe and it's a little like a hamburger soup I used to order in a restaurant that has long closed it's doors. I added a beef bouillion cube, some diced potatoes and fresh green beans. Out of this world yummy!